St. Martin de Porres School is a private institution founded by Mrs. Florence Laast, with the support of her late husband, Mr. William Laast. The school was named after Mrs. Laast's favourite saint, Martin de Porres; one of the few black saints in the Catholic tradition. He was known for his hard work, humility, and most of all - his compassion towards his fellowmen.
The school opened with 17 pupils in 1973, and has grown to over 1200 students per year; starting from Kindergarten through Junior Secondary School.
SMDP students have always excelled in national and international examinations, post-graduate studies and programs, and have distinguished themselves in many leadership positions. Graduates of the school can be found virtually everywhere around the world, representing their families, school and country with distinction. The school is particularly proud of its strong old student/alumni network. With over 40 years of excellence in education, we remain dedicated to providing our students with a well-rounded education.